• An image outlining the reasons to choose Winn Solicitors with icons: No win, no fee, No excess to pay, No up-front costs, Expert medical assessment, Specialists at handling all types of accident claims

Accidents in Rented Accommodation

If you’re a tenant and you’ve suffered a personal injury due to a defect at the premises that you rent, Winn Solicitors can help you to make a no win, no fee claim under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and/or the Defective Premises Act 1972.

Your landlord has a duty of care to ensure that you, the tenant, are living in a safe environment. If you have suffered from an accident due to defective premises, call Winn Solicitors today on 0800 988 6288. Our expert team will advise you on how we can help you to claim the compensation you deserve.

Whether you’re renting from a private landlord or a housing association, the council or a property management firm, you may be eligible to make a claim.

Accidents in rented accommodation can be caused by:

• Landlords failure to repair a defect
• Structural defects

Am I eligible to claim compensation for an accident in rented accommodation?

In order to make a compensation claim for an accident in rented accommodation, it must have happened in the last three years. The accident must also have been the fault of your landlord, whether this is a housing association, local council, property management company or private landlord. You must also have suffered an injury as a result of your accident in rented accommodation.  In most cases, you will need to have reported the defect to your landlord prior to your accident before you can make a claim for personal injury.

To find out if you are eligible to make a compensation claim following your accident in rented accommodation, contact our expert team today on 0800 988 6288.

Read more Advice news